What do I need to open an account?
- Picture ID – This can be a drivers license, state issued ID or Passport. If opening an account for a minor, a parent’s identification will be sufficient.
- Social Security Number – We need a social security number for each person on the account. We cannot open an account without a social security number.
- Membership and Savings Account Deposits – Anyone joining the credit union must deposit $10 for membership/U.S. Patriot Act fee and an additional $25 to be held in their savings account. All members must have a savings account, as this is represents your shares in Peach State.
- Employer/Association-Based: This type of membership is open to those who work for one of our select employer groups, attends school at one of our affiliated college's, is a member of one of our affiliated PTAs, or is an immediate relative of someone who is eligible for membership. Please refer to the "Who can join" section to see if your organization is an affiliated group of Peach State. If you’re eligible for this type of membership, please bring proof of employment (paycheck stub, employer ID, etc.).
- Community-Based: All persons who live, work, worship or attend school in Clarke County are eligible to join. Membership is also open to immediate relatives of eligible individuals. If you're eligible for this type of membership, please bring proof of residence, schooling or employment.
How do I join Peach State?
Joining Peach State is easy. Simply stop in at one of our 13 convenient branch locations to complete an application. Join by opening a savings account with an initial deposit of $25 and pay a one-time membership fee and USA Patriot Act recovery fee. The $25 represents your share in Peach State and is held on deposit while you are a member. Once your savings account is opened, you’ll have immediate access to other financial services that we offer.
Can my family members join the credit union?
Yes. Any member of your immediate family can become members.
How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?
To add a member you will need to complete a new signature card which you and the joint member sign where indicated. To remove a joint member, the joint member must complete a form requesting removal from the account, or the account can be closed and a new account established.
How do I change my address or other contact information with Peach State?
To notify us of a change in mailing address, telephone number and/or email address, you can call 678.889.4328 or toll-free at 855.889.4328. You can also stop in at any one of our convenient branch locations.
How do I change my payroll deduction?
Payroll deduction is an agreement between you and your employer. Payroll deduction change forms are available at any of our branches. Completed forms should be returned to the credit union for processing. When changing deductions, remember to indicate the total amount you want deducted from your check and forwarded to your credit union account.
How do I set up direct deposit?
Our Member Service Advisors have all the necessary forms. If you wish, they will be happy to fill them in for you. All you have to do is tell them how you want your money distributed and sign your name. We take care of the rest.
If I use direct deposit, how will I be able to keep track of my money?
Your check stub from your paycheck is your permanent record. Also with online banking or MemberLine, you can check your balance at any time.
Is there a charge for direct deposit?
This service is free to all of Peach State’s members.
How do I apply for a loan?
First time borrowers need to complete a loan application. A loan application can be obtained through your on-site representative, or you can call us at 678.889.4328 and we will be happy to mail one to you. Subsequent loan requests can be updated over the phone.
How long do I have to be a member before I can apply for a loan?
You may apply for a loan as soon as you become a member. There are no membership time requirements for loan qualifying.
What does the credit union look for when determining loan approval?
At Peach State, we look at more than just your credit score. There are a variety of determining factors, such as employment history, amount of total debt, credit score, purpose of the loan and your relationship with the credit union that determine loan approval.